Here's a little more on what I've been up to for the last 3 months:
4-I lauged with my family and at the innocence of childhood. One Family Night, Owen was in charge of the game/activity and he suggested that we have a pillow fight--it was tons of fun (this was on the same day that Holly and Owen decided to dress like each other--consequently Owen is wearing a skirt and Holly is wearing Owen's truck shirt and shorts)!
Owen (he's 4) has had a couple of great moments that I didn't want to forget. Some of my family members have already heard these stories, so I apologize, but this blog is just as much for me as everyone else (probably more for me) and so I need to get it in writing before I forget. Mike was with the kids at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden (I had been there earlier with them but had to leave to get to a meeting). He had been waiting in line for about 20 minutes for them to be able to participate in an activity called "Gold Sluice" where the kids get to pan for gold (well, pyrite or 'fool's gold' anyway). If I remember right, they have a long sluice set up that water runs down like a small river and they put pyrite in for the kids to get. Needless to say, the sound of rushing water is pretty constant. As they neared the front, someone said to Mike, "looks like someone needs to go to the bathroom," and sure enough, Owen was dancing. After waiting for 20 minutes, Mike wasn't about to wait in line again and so he took the kids to do the activity. As they were panning for gold, it was too much for Owen and Mike had to make a mad dash to the bathroom. When they got there, Owen seemed to have some difficulty with getting his pants off. He remarked, nonchalantly that he had "6 underwears" on. Mike laughed and said, "no, you don't." But when he proceeded to help Owen, he discovered that indeed, he did have "6 underwears" on. When he told me about it later, I knew why it had taken so long to change from shorts to pants...he had to put his 6 underwears on! In a contrasting story, the other day Mike took the boys on the Fathers' and Sons' campout. As he changed Owen into his pajamas, he noticed that Owen didn't have any underwear on at all. He did comment to me the other day, after running through the sprinklers in his swimming suit that he liked not wearing underwear. I wonder if we can settle on a happy medium where he wears just the usual number of underwear (that being 1).
5-We went on a couple of family trips--to Cedar City/St. George and Arches/Goblin Valley. We were able to visit Mike's sister in Cedar City and loved visiting Arches again. Last year we did Delicate Arch and so this year we did Landscape Arch, Sand Dune Arch (which was tons of fun!), and the Delicate Arch overlook. Mike's dad met us in Arches and we had a great time!

At Landscape Arch
At Landscape Arch
Playing at Sand Dune Arch
Hiding out with Grandpa!
Playing with the "Goblins"
Living the Pioneer life in Cedar City
1 comment:
Love the underwears story. Really funny!
Post a Comment