Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Recent favorites

I just thought I'd post a few of my recent favorite photos...actually, some of them aren't so recent, but I came across them again recently:
Matthew ran his second 5K right before Memorial Day up in Midway. The first pic is of him and Mike coming in...had one more corner to turn and then the finish line. The second one is obviously the finish line. If you can't read the time, it's 25:52. He had a great race...and won a pair of shoes in the drawing too!

Just some pictures of Brooklyn and Matthew when they were little (these were taken about 8 years ago...Matthew was just 1 and Brooklyn was 3. It's fun to remember how cute they were!


This is definitely one of my all-time favorite pictures...we were in Palmyra and the kids were running down the trail to the Sacred Grove. I just love how pastoral the scene looks...wish I could crop the golf cart out, but I guess you can't have everything (I'm sure I could somehow but I'm either not that talented or don't have that much time to waste trying to figure it out).
My summer is flying by...can't believe it's 1/2 over already. I always think my summer's going to be quiet and relaxing compared to the school year, but it's not. Certainly it's a different kind of busy, but it's pretty busy. Right now Mike's sister and her husband and daughter are visiting and we are having a great time. I think I have some more relaxing days ahead and I am looking forward to them, but I've been saying that all summer. I guess I should start living in the moment rather than looking so far ahead!

3 comments:

josie said...

Oh, that picture of Brooklyn the butterfly and Matthew Charlie Brown brings back memories! I remember I was living in Heritage Halls and you brought them by in their costumes so I could see them! I had to show them off to my roommates they were so cute! Was that really eight years ago? Wow I'm feeling kind of old. :)

Breinholt Gang said...

I can't believe what a good runner Matthew is. I love the picture of Palmyra too. I really really want to go there. Glad to see you are doing well. Kandy

Jamie said...

those are the Brooklyn an Matthew I recognize. Really cute!

I'm trying to remember what life was like when the kids were in school. Can you recall?