Friday, June 5, 2009

What I've really been doing (without my husband's commentary)

**Disclaimer: For the faint of heart, short of time, or simply those not that interested...this promises to be a long post with many pictures to illustrate. If you aren't up for it, stop reading now and save yourself the trouble.
Apparently I'm having a blogging frenzy. Since my earlier blog was interrupted, I will finish it now. So here's what I've really been doing:
1-I hosted 2 birthday parties--one a Candyland theme (Matthew was Lord Licorice), and one a Kung Fu Panda theme. I think the kids had a lot of fun. I am definitely ready for a break from the birthday party planning and am not shedding any tears that I get this year off.

2-I sewed 2 dresses, one for each of the girls...they weren't specifically Easter dresses...Brooklyn's was done about a month before Easter, and Holly's a fews weeks after (I forgot to get pictures of the girls actually wearing them). In January, when I was feeling like I had all the time in the world (after the Christmas rush), I bought fabric for 2 dresses each...still have 1 to do for each of them...maybe before summer's out. On a whim one week, I also sewed Brooklyn a new pioneer outfit (it being the Utah history year for 4th grade, they had a few pioneer-themed activities) since the other one we have was sewn for her 2 1/2 years ago. Along the craft line of things, I've also started piecing a picnic quilt as part of a monthly quilting group for Relief Society...I'm only one month behind (sorry, no pics)...haven't gotten much quilting done on Matthew's quilt which means it's not likely that he'll have it for his birthday...maybe I'll have more time this summer (haha!).

3-I enjoyed the wonders of spring time and witnessed with bitterness, the snow falling on my spring flowers...as my sister pointed out, "That's the great thing about spring, there's so much variety." I have to admit this is true and now that we are heading into the dog days of summer, I will probably miss the variety; however, at the time (snow on April 15th--but Owen liked it), I was longing for some sunshiney days. The view of the orchards is the view from my backyard (did I mention that I love where I live?) and we managed to get some great pics of the girls with the daffodils in the front yard.





More later, there are still so many things we've been busy with...guess I'll finish in the next posting.

2 comments:

Stacy Householder said...

YAY, you have a Blog! :) I'm trying to get back into blogging as well. I haven't blogged since January!! My blog is http://www.sistahsunshine.blogspot.com and it's full of my funny embarrassing moments in life. It's a story blog.

Jen, you amaze me! All your creativity with the parties and your sewing skills. Your kids are so lucky to have a fun mom like you! LOVE YOU!

Parvum gaudia said...

Jen! You found us!! Sweet. I loved the dresses you've sewn for your girls. I'm amazed with how you're able to do it. I can't believe how big Brooklyn is. I haven't been able to keep up with our blog and just gave up facebook (it was taking up wayyy tooo much time for me) Anyways, glad we're in touch!
Julieann Hanson