Sunday, February 1, 2009

The perfect winter day

This post is about a week late. I'm not a huge fan of winter...I like it in it's appropriate season, which to me is about December to mid-January, and then I grow tired of it and look ahead to the spring that never seems to come (reminds me of that line from "7 Brides for 7 Brothers," "April showers will come so they say, but they don't...and it's May..."). This year I've actually been okay with the winter, but the increase of inversion days has me feeling gloomy. But last Sunday and Monday we had a storm that blew the inversion out (at least for a few days) and it was the most beautiful storm. I don't know if it did this all across the Wastach Front, but here in Fruit Heights, the snow flocked all the trees, bushes, and power lines beautifully. On Tuesday when I picked Owen up from preschool, I couldn't help thinking that it was the perfect winter day. The storm had moved out and the sun was shining but everything was still resplendent in its winter glory. I took some pictures but they don't seem to do it justice.


These ones are of the view of themountain behind our house. Even the scrub oak on the mountainside was flocked which never seems to happen...the trees are spectacular too!

These ones are of neighbor's trees...isn't it beautiful how it laid on every branch?


These are some shots of the back yard. I just took a picture of the basketball standard because I thought it was funny how it filled up the basket...

Anyway, the point is, when winter is like that, it's not so bad, is it? Too bad the air quality is looking bad again...mmm, I love it when I can't even see the mountain behind my house (I think that's just a few days away). Oh well, at least I still have the memory of the "perfect" winter day.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

okay nevermind, I found your address and copied it to my blog so I won't lose it again.

I must say I'm so jealous of the basketball hoop. We really need to get one.

Its funny to look at the snow pictures. Seems it hasn't been snowy lately--seems almost like spring.