If you are like me, you hate those infomercials that come on mid-day Saturdays or late at night (while I'm at work, taking my break at 2am). I get tired of the, "but wait, that's not all, you also get..." and the trumped up testimonials from "ordinary people." If you hate all that, then maybe you should skip reading this posting because it's going to sound like one of those ridiculous testimonials. Remember a couple of months ago I posted about the t-shirt that I continued to wear even though it had a glaring stain on the sleeve. Well, thanks to the advice of my friend (thanks Melissa!), my shirt is now stain free. Keep in mind that I must have washed this shirt in the wash with the stain about 10 times (and dried it in the dryer too). I thought there was no way this stain would come out. One day, she just said in passing, "You should try soaking it in Oxiclean." In my brain I could hear that guy with the dark hair and goatee, "Oxiclean lifts away the stains ordinary detergents leave behind!" (admit it, you can hear him too!) But, I figured I had nothing to lose, so I soaked it for about 2 hours in Oxiclean...and guess what? That's right! I don't have a stain on my shirt anymore. It's amazing! Next time you have a stain that won't come out, just try soaking it in Oxiclean! (sweet! I always hoped I could be on an infomercial and now I've got one right here on my blog site!)
In other miscellaney, I'm actually kind of enjoying this January. I've been able to get a lot of projects done and some things cleaned out (I moved the fridge out of its spot and cleaned out all the dust back there, I finally customized the hooks in the laundry/mud room to work for our family, I cleaned up the sewing room and am almost done piecing Matthew's quilt :)). Until this weekend, the weather has been pretty nice (now we're living in the pollution soup of a Utah winter :() and we've all been pretty healthy at my house (of course, I'm sick now, but at least it's not too bad). Yesterday we thought our computer had died (we had one that died last year)...we couldn't get it to turn on, but through some trial and error and web searching (on Mike's work laptop) we found out it was just the monitor (big sigh of relief!). Hope you are all enjoying your January too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a couple of those said "stained" shirts. i guess I will have to try oxiclean now. thanks! Glad to hear you are all doing well. We are hangin' in there too, although I wish I was getting more projects done like you have been able to do. Way to go!
Um who in their right mind moves their FRIDGE to clean out behind it?!! Were you low on sugar or what, because my fridge ain't gettin moved until I move, and I ain't moving, so there you go. You're amazing. Truly.
Post a Comment