Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just around the corner

If you are a "Frog and Toad" fan maybe you will recognize that title, "Just around the corner." It comes from a story in "Frog and Toad All Year," in which Frog is looking for spring because his father told him it was "just around the corner."

Today was a definite day when you can feel it coming in the air and I can't wait! I'm even starting to look forward to getting in the garden and digging around in the soil and I feel optimistic that maybe I can grow something besides weeds this year (I already have bulbs coming up!). I've noticed the birds are back as well (lots of fat robins and lots of chirping in the mornings...we have a lot of birds here in Fruit Heights). Today I even saw a butterfly fluttering on its way (of course, I also saw lots of flies but I guess you have to take the bad with the good). We celebrated by going to the park and flying kites. Truth is that Brooklyn and I flew kites while the other kids played on the playground (they lost interest after getting caught in the lines a few times). I know in a few days when the snowstorm hits, that I will be longing for the breezy 66-degree day we had today and I will be wondering what happened to spring. As my sister pointed out, though, maybe that's the fun and beauty of spring...there's so much variety in the weather.

I forgot that a few weeks ago a friend told me about a hair blog (http://www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com/) and on Valentine's Day I tried a hairstyle out on Brooklyn. Here's a pic...I think it turned out fun!

1 comment:

sharonmutti said...

The reason all my girls had short hair, is that I didn't have the patience for cutesy things like those ribbons.