In honor of the big rivalry game between BYU and Utah, I wanted to make something to show my loyalties that I could wear to work. Truth is that for the last year or so I've been wearing my BYU earrings to work pretty frequently. However, I thought it would be fun to use the BYU cotton that I got a few years ago when I thought I would use it for Matthew's BYU quilt (I still haven't finished the quilt, incidentally, but I hope I will soon--he needs something on his bed besides the comforter I used in college that has flowers all over it). Anyway, so I thought I would show my colors and I made a scrub top to wear to work out of the BYU print. I wasn't sure how this would go over at work. Truth is that there aren't that many there that claim a loyalty to either school. The hospital is right across from Weber State and I think that most of the nurses on my floor went to school there (or are still going there now). There are a couple of girls that I tease with back and forth about BYU vs. Utah. I wasn't worried about my co-workers, it was the patients I was a little worried about. In many cases, this could make me an instant friend or an instant enemy. Be that as it may, I wore my new scrub top to work on Friday. I actually didn't get much comment from my patients except for things like, "I guess I know who you are rooting for tomorrow." Then in the middle of the night I admitted a new patient that had just had a c-section. As I walked down to her room to help get her transferred into bed, her husband was standing in the doorway...completely decked out in his Utah fan wear from head to toe. I just looked at him and said, "uh-oh" as I walked past him into the room. I told him we might be able to be friends anyway. Much to my dismay, I guess that tonight he's a much happier fan than I am. I should be glad that the U won because it's good for the conference, but I just can't bring myself to ever be happy when the U wins. Go Cougars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nate is a huge COugars fan. He was dissappointed to say the least. Love the scrub top though!!!!
Post a Comment