
I think I understand now how it is that the youngest and oldest child really do get more attention...the oldest because they are the first and everything is novel; the youngest becuase they are the last and we are trying to hold onto the moment, knowing it will never happen again (at least until there are grandchildren and then it's just not the same--you can't possibly experience as much of the joy because you miss so much of the heartache and trial).


Anyway, in an effort to not forget, I just wanted to jot a few things down about Owen. Four is so fleeting and I will miss these things as he grows (truthfully as they all grow--it's never coming back). This posting is mostly for my benefit, but the rest of you can read along for the fun of it.
Things Owen says that I don't want to forget:
-When he is talking about instructions, he always says "contructions" instead of "instructions"
-Owen has a very elaborate and sweet good-bye routine. When the kids are boarding the bus, he's standing on the porch and he says, "Bye Brooklyn, bye Matthew, bye Holly. I love you! I love you to the top of heaven! Come home from school! Catch that kiss, Brooklyn! Catch that kiss, Matthew! Catch that kiss, Holly! I love you!" The good-bye routine for Mike and me is very similar only he's standing on the stairs in the garage.
-Back in the Fall, Owen informed me that he was "growing right out of his skin!" The skin on his feet was peeling.
-Two weeks ago Owen gave the prayer in Primary. There were definite giggles and murmurs as he finished. I've grown accustomed to his prayers and had forgotten how amusing they are. Typically he doesn't include these things outside of our family prayers (at least that's what his teachers told me), but on this day, he did. In every prayer now he asks for these things, "bless us that we won't faint, or get knocked-out, or die. And Heavenly Father, please ask Jesus to keep the world safe." Sometimes he throws in bonus things based on what he's been doing that he really likes, such as, "Please bless that we can have Kidpics forever (an art program on the computer) please bless that we can always have the Wii." It keeps me smiling and I really love it!
In some ways, it's too bad they have to grow up!
2 comments:
my youngest will be 4 in a couple of months. He's already acting so much older than he was a few months ago. It does go by fast--mostly I'm grateful.
Aahh how sweet Jen:) Way to keep those memories! Sad that it's those little things we tend to forget. We love Owen and love Owen stories even more. I agree with you on the whole oldest and youngest thing. With Miranda being the only girl, with a dominant personality to boot, poor Tyler gets left in the shadows all too often:(
Post a Comment